Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hidey Ho Albert Exergian!

It was very difficult to pick one of Albert Exergian's poster that I would want to talk about. I found the posters, that I actually knew at least a bit about the TV shows that he was representing, very clever. Even though they were very minimal, they spoke volumes. I did not find a bunch of information about him. On the guardian.co.uk website, I found out that he is Austrian and they referred to this series as "a series of modernist images inspired by TV shows that echo recent online reinterpretations of Saul Bass and Pelican Books." On thing that I liked about his Home Improvement poster is that even though the main thing that the show was centered around, Tim Allen's character having a home improvement show and how he would usually mess up a project instead of fix it, he used an iconic prop from the show the was used at the end of every show. Most of the time Tim, but sometimes his wife, would discuss whatever problem that they were having in that episode with their neighbor who, no matter what, you would never see any part of him except for the top part of his head above that white privacy fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment